Monday, October 3, 2011

Just Peachy

Today I was eating dried peaches (my family goes crazy int he summer with out dehydrator) and started thinking "How can peaches be healthy if they are so sweet?," so I did a little research. 
Apparently the early Chinese were aware of the health benefits of peaches before everyone else. They believe that the peach makes you live longer One of these benefits are that peaches contain a lot of vitamins and minerals (specifically potassium). Without potassium you are likely to have fatigue, weakness, anxiety, and skin problems, to name a few things! Overall the peach is just very healthy (not to mention it tastes awesome!)
And Miss Georgia Peach may give Popeye a run for his money since peaches have just as much iron in them!
Fun Fact: I just thought this was funny and ironic, but peaches help to avoid easily bruising too! No I dea why, but I thought this was hilarious (You know the saying 'Bruise like a peach'?). Anyways the next time you're deciding which fruit to eat choose the peach!


This information is from http://www.healthfood-guide.com/HealthBenefitsOfPeaches.aspx 

No comments:

Post a Comment